- Geological_time_spiral – from wikipedia
- The Rising Glen Residence by Janna Levenstein – With the exception of the huge superhero picture in the living room, I find this house quite appealing
- Commanding Heights: Time Map – See the shift between planned economies and liberalized economies over time
- U.S. to Scientists: Get Out! – Not a good idea
Posts Tagged ‘Science’
- Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Letter – 2008 – Recently updated, and, as always, worth a read
- Talking Shop With a ‘Vulture’ Investor – We are all vultures now…
- globeandmail.com: Canadians make stem-cell breakthrough – “In ‘great advance’ to research, scientists discover new technique that safely turns skin cells into stem cells, removing risks and complications involved in using the technology”
- The Places We Live – A look at living in slums in Venezulela, Kenya, Indian and Indonesia
- Inside the Tamms super-max prison – This place is intense
Selfish Gene allowed me to straighten out some of my preconceptions – and there aren’t too many books I’ve come across that can make that happen.
Dawkins is exceptionally rational, and calmly convincing in his arguments (a great variance in tone from his later work The God Delusion). I particularly enjoyed his exploration of Game theory – with “evolutionarily stable strategies” analogous to “Nash Equilibriums”. It will change the way I look at interactions between organisms (including people) for months to come.
The book is not hard to follow, regardless of your background. I would recommend this to anybody with even a passing interest in biology.